The other day we tried a recipe called
Forgotten Chicken
found here.
One of the things that enticed me about this recipe is that you put it in the oven, forget about it and it would still make for a good dinner. Also the ingredients seemed okay. I mean, who doesn't love a chicken casserole dish?
Unfortunately this mean was too good to be true. I should have known as soon as I opened the cream of celery soup. That stuff looks like greenish brownish slime. Insert gagging sounds here. And then there is the packet of onion soup mix. I always try to convince myself that the particular recipe that I am making will be the recipe that my husband will love the taste and texture of the onion flavored soup mix. And I am always wrong.
Anyway the chicken, which I put in frozen, was delicious. We actually picked everything off of it and pulled out our go to sauce; Sweet Baby Rays. None of us finished this meal and that's saying something. I would never recommend it.
I think it would be safe to say that this recipe was probably a 2 in our book.
Sometimes the forgotten chicken should just stay forgotten.






1 comment:
I just recently pinned this to try soon....maybe we will go for something else! I love that you rate the recipes you try...always good to hear opinions from people we know!
Post a Comment