Monday, June 11, 2012

The Pinterest Experiment

The Good and the Bad

Lets start with the bad first.
Last week I made "Throw in the Grill Chicken Packets"
Here is the link.

Now, it is pretty rare for there to be a dinner that I will not eat. Probably because when you are the one making it, you make it in a way that you think will be good. Leave out the mushrooms and squash, double the cilantro and sauce. You get the point. Maybe that is why I was so disappointed with this dinner. In theory it sounded good.




But it was so so gross. The stuffing was soggy, the broccoli was slimy and overcooked. The chicken was so dry and you could barely taste the ranch and cheese. I would rate it between a 1 and a 2. I didn't throw up in my mouth and it was edible, but I will NEVER make this again.



And now the good. Despite our horrible experience with the chicken foil packets, I knew that some tinfoil dinners could be really good.So this time we tried it with beef.

I didn't take any pictures, but this is what it looked like.



Here is what we did.

Get two sheets of tinfoil and put them in a cross shape.
Spray tinfoil generously with cooking spray.
Lay 1 frozen hamburger patty on tinfoil and season with season all.
Layer sliced potatoes, carrots and onions on top of patty.
Scoop cream of chicken soup on top.

Heat oven at 400 and cook for 30-35 minutes.

So easy, so good and the cleanup took 30 seconds.
I would rate this at a 8.



No comments: