Last week we went to two more places on our restaurant list
The first is called Thai Village and it was delicious.
We got our usual order of Masaman Curry and it was so good that I ended the promise I made to myself to never attempt to make curry again.
In fact, three days later I went to the Asian Market and bought my very own can of Masaman curry paste.
If it is good, I will let you know.
If not, my promise will be reinstated and we will forget about the whole thing.
We also went to a place called El Gallo Giro
Unfortunately our experience here wasn't so awesome.
They had a bunch of homemade salsas to choose from.
But they were ALL too hot for most of us.
And when you have a little friend who drinks the rest of the salsa when the chips are gone, this is a problem.
A meal at this place was about 8 dollars a plate.
Typically that wouldn't bother me, but the food here was so bland I had a hard time feeling like I was getting my money's worth.
Lastly, they really really goofed my brother in law's order.
Like they brought out the wrong thing 3 times.
And I'm not talking about a small thing that was wrong.
I'm talking about a whole different meal than what he ordered wrong.
So by the time he was starting to eat, the rest of us were done.
Anyway, I am glad that we tried it but I would be surprised if we ever went there again.
Sorry El Gallo Giro.
We got our usual order of Masaman Curry and it was so good that I ended the promise I made to myself to never attempt to make curry again.
In fact, three days later I went to the Asian Market and bought my very own can of Masaman curry paste.
If it is good, I will let you know.
If not, my promise will be reinstated and we will forget about the whole thing.
We also went to a place called El Gallo Giro
Unfortunately our experience here wasn't so awesome.
They had a bunch of homemade salsas to choose from.
But they were ALL too hot for most of us.
And when you have a little friend who drinks the rest of the salsa when the chips are gone, this is a problem.
A meal at this place was about 8 dollars a plate.
Typically that wouldn't bother me, but the food here was so bland I had a hard time feeling like I was getting my money's worth.
Lastly, they really really goofed my brother in law's order.
Like they brought out the wrong thing 3 times.
And I'm not talking about a small thing that was wrong.
I'm talking about a whole different meal than what he ordered wrong.
So by the time he was starting to eat, the rest of us were done.
Anyway, I am glad that we tried it but I would be surprised if we ever went there again.
Sorry El Gallo Giro.





No comments:
Post a Comment