Sunday, June 17, 2012

Our life in P-Town ** Day 40

This was actually a pretty fun day.
A neighboring town was having their summerfest so we decided to join in on the fun.

We started the day by having a free breakfast provided by the local grocery store.
Part of the breakfast was to endorse a new Spiderman cereal.
Let's just say that they might have sold more if they hadn't let people try it first.






Later that day, we went to the carnival.
It is on our bucket list to go on some carnival rides. 
Here is how our experience went:
We bought a ticket for McKayla to ride the carousel.
I got in line with McKayla so I could stand by her while she was on the ride.
The little Hispanic guy told me that I also needed a ticket, even if I was just going to stand.
 I give Mr. Friendly another ticket.
We go to find a horse for McKayla to ride on.
 I set her on the horse



 I then explain to her what is going to happen when the ride starts.
This is the reaction that I get.


So then I get on the back of the horse.
We could ride it together.
McKayla has settled down and is acting like she is having fun.
Mr. Friendly comes around to tell me that he wont start the ride until I get off the horse.
I get off.
McKayla gets off.
And here we are with a brave face.


The ride starts.
Neither of us are on the horse.
I am holding McKayla.
The ride is getting long.
McKayla is getting heavy.
Once she settles down I can get her to wave to Kyle and Avery.



The ride has completely stopped.
Kyle says, "Put McKayla back on the horse so I can get a picture."
This is the reaction that we get.


Then, we go and get balloons.
All is well.
Is this not the CUTEST picture you have ever seen?


Later that night we had a bbq and went to the parade.
It was SO much fun.
This parade threw candy.
I didn't know that even happened anymore.
McKayla and her cousin had people on the right and left of them giving them candy.
Those little girls were in heaven.
We will definitely do this again next year.

1 comment:

Ainsley said...

how fun! your girls looks so much alike.

my favorite part about summer in Utah are the town celebrations. you can count on a carnival & firework show almost every weekend.... and only have to drive 10 minutes. makes me slightly home sick :)