Here are two more recipes that we tired.
If you want to see our rating system again click here.
This was our treat for FHE on Monday.
They are called Boston Cream Pie Minis
I wasn't sure about these but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The recipe says to combine cool whip with the chocolate and I loved that it thickened up the consistency so it didn't make a huge mess. We are dark chocolate lovers around here and the top part of the cupcake was really good. I sometimes hesitate getting recipes off of the Kraft Recipe website. In my opinion they use simple ingredients to make simple meals. Which can be a good thing but in most cases, every recipe I have tried from there has been a little bland. We like a lot of flavor around here and I have learned that to get that you typically have to use more than 5 ingredients.
Anyway, we rated this recipe between a 6 and 7. We were pleasantly surprised that they were better than we thought they would be. I halved the recipe to make only twelve, which was more than we could eat so we gave the rest to our neighbors. They said they really liked them.
The next recipe we tried is called
Breakfast Cookies
For some reason I feel like I need to stick up for this recipe. The morning I was making them, Kyle asked what was in them. I listed off the ingredients and ended with, "And there is no flour or sugar. Isn't that neat." He looked at me and said, "Well you have fun with that," and then left for work.
Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 cups oats
2-3 ripe bananas
1 cup applesauce
a handful of craisins
cinnamon
Mix and place onto a cookie sheet. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes
These cookies didn't have a bad flavor. They just tasted really really healthy. And that just isn't really our style. Don't get me wrong, because I feel like you are. We like healthy food around here. Just maybe not this healthy. They tasted like you made yourself some oatmeal and then cooked it like a cookie. And while they weren't our favorite, I couldn't help but to think of all the people I know who would love them.
So, I would rate these at a 4.
Glad we tried them but probably wont make them again.





1 comment:
i love moms whole wheat pancakes for breakfast. They fill you up cuz I hate everyone hungry before I even get breakfast cleaned up. Also they are healthy but good. When we get back from vaca or haven;t eaten very healthy for awhile I make them because they give everyone a good shot of fiber and get the old system workin well!! I am loving your blogs keep it up!
Post a Comment