Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The pinterest experiment

This summer I have decided that we are going to try all of my pinterest recipes. Why pin them if you never try them, right. So, when we try something new I will blog about it. Things that we liked, didn't like and what what we would rate it- according to our own newly made rating system.

1- I threw up in my mouth
2-It is edible, but lets make something else to eat
3- Had 1 serving
4- Glad we tried it but will probably never make it again
5- Average, we might have it again.
6- Surprisingly good
7- Good. Willing to share without remorse.
8- Multiple servings
9- I am full but force myself to eat more
10- I just died and went to heaven


This was the first thing we tried 

Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins

From: Our Best Bites




My favorite part of this muffin was the top. It was delicious. The recipe said to chop a granny smith apple into small pieces and add them into the batter. We didn't think that the apple added to the recipe. They were pretty mushy and made the texture of the muffin a little weird. Another thing that I didn't really like was that from start to finish, it took about 45 minutes. I was making them for breakfast and I don't usually like spending that much time for that meal. 

We rated these muffin at a 4. 
We are glad that we tried the recipe out but probably wont make it again.





The next recipe we actually tried at a friends house.

French Bread Pizza




This is a quick and easy way to have pizza. You just buy a loaf of french bread, split it down the middle and load on the toppings. We think it is better to have the cheese on the top when we do these. Then you pop it into the broiler until it is done to your liking. I like how easy this meal is. It seriously took no time at all. It was pretty tasty too. The one thing that we didn't like and would probably try to change was that the pizza sauce made the french bread get a little soggy. Next time we will try toasting the bread a little before we put all of the toppings on.

We rate this meal at a 6.
Better than we thought it would be and something we will most likely have again.

1 comment:

Kristen&company said...

good ideas. I like the Boboli for that reason but you have to put on alot of toppings to not taste the crust. It has a stronger taste but not bad to it. Thanks for the ideas. Try the chocolate mint brownies next if you want a vote.