Friday, May 4, 2012

Our life in P-Town ** Day 1

I hate my life.

At least that is how I felt today. In fact, I have been trying to repress it from my memory to keep from having nightmares.

It started at 5:55 in the morning, when McKayla woke up. Kyle left at 6:30 to pick up a van, because it had been raining the day before and was supposed to continue for the next day. Because we had decided to get a moving van we called my parents, who had offered to bring my dad's truck and help us, and told them that we probably wouldn't need any help. First mistake. So Kyle gets back at 7:45 and we started packing it up. I am telling you, it was like going through never ending torture. Every time we thought we were making some progress, we would remember about another huge thing that needed to be done. We were supposed to be done by 10:00, but that came and went. The new owner came, and was trying to get us to leave faster. Lets just say that it was quite annoying and I was tempted to stop packing and stay for another day. We finally finished at 11:00, Avery cried for most of the three hours, and McKayla was still in her oversized pajama shirt with hot chocolate and oatmeal smeared all over it- and her face. I am pretty sure that my kids hated me today. I felt like a horrible mother. We ended up having to leave some of the stuff in the garage, which we wouldn't have had to do if we had one more vehicle. 

We get to our new place in P-Town and we start unloading. My parents came and helped us, which was awesome. Our next door neighbor came out and watched us and then when we were about 90% done said, "Hey are you guys moving in?" Yep, thanks for your help buddy. The van had to be returned at 1:00. We finished at 12:50. Kyle took the van back and then went to work for the rest of the afternoon. I took our girls to my parents, where they napped while I drove back to the house to get the last load of stuff. I then took it to our new place and then went to check on the girls. I told McKayla that she could go see her cousin when she woke up and boy did she hold me to it. I am pretty sure that was the one fun thing that she did in the past couple days and she would not let me forget about it. We then loaded up a load that we had taken to my parents the week before and came to our new place, which was completely full, for the night. 

 Let me tell you here and now, there are some crazies in this town. When we got to our apartment, I was getting the girls out of the van and I hear someone yelling at me. I looked to see who is was and it was a lady across the street. She was yelling at me asking me if I was the one who molested her son. I said no. She then proceeded to yell at me, using more expletives than I have heard in a long time. I looked back at her, and she said, "Don't look at me like that, I'm a freaking homeless person!" Then there was more swearing. I then told her to have a good day and pushed us inside. I seriously thought to myself, "This lady is going to come back and murder me in my sleep". Before I went to bed I double checked to make sure that all three locks on our front door were locked.

When Kyle got off of work he had to drive back to our old house and try to get someone with a truck to help him more our freezer and refrigerator to the storage unit. I made McKayla take a shower before bed and she cried the entire time. Kyle came home, with some smoothies at 9:00. That was seriously the best part of our day. Pretty sure Kyle lost about three pounds that day and my legs hurt worse that they ever have. It was a day that I never want to repeat and was so grateful to have be over.


Goodbye home. Thanks for being good to us!




Hello apartment. 
Can you see McKayla?

2 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Wow sounds like quite the day! Good luck surviving P-Town!

Amy said...

What a crazy day! Hope things are going a little better for you! We love and miss you guys!