Lets just say that the day started out with good intentions.
And it ended with Kyle saying family prayers, asking Heavenly Father to please help mommy to not run away.
You see, we have a little joke around here that whenever the kids have been acting up I tell Kyle that I am thinking about running away.
And our kids were acting up yesterday. In a major, no sleep, super naughty, crying and whining all the time kind of way.
Happy Mothers Day to me.
The best part of the day was when both girls were in bed, and we didn't have to deal with them anymore. Does that sound horrible? At least we thought that we were done with them for the day. And then we went to bed.
And there was McKayla, laying in our bed. We thought that was really sweet at first, like maybe she felt bad for being such a stinker. But as we looked closer we noticed that there was fingernail polish on the sheets, on her body and that it covered each little finger and toe.
Yep, it just had to be today.
But enough of that.
Here's the pictures
Yes, we have good days and bad days. We have our ups and downs. Or days where I really do feel like running away. But, even with that being said, I have to also say that I feel so incredibly blessed that I get to be a mom. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for trusting me to be the mother of these sweet spirits. Right after I had McKayla, I was overwhelmed with the feeling that I was finally doing what I was mean to do. And I have continued to feel that everyday since then. And while that may seem like something small, or insignificant to some; it was a life changing moment for me.





2 comments:
Kyle and his girls...love them in their pretty dresses!
Oh man, I have those days too. Bummer that it happened to also be Mother's Day!
Post a Comment