Sunday, March 22, 2009

Well, we went to the Doctor the other day....

and found out that we are having a GIRL!!



We are so excited.
I went into the appointment convinced that it was going to be a boy. When the ultrasound technition asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby we said that we would. So, she went to the "special area" and said, "Okay, what does that look like?" I said, "Oh my gosh, it's a boy!!" And then she said, "Well, actually it's a girl." Let's just say that I was a little shocked.

We were also able to find out some really cool things. For instance, the technition said that it looked like she had Kyle's nose- which made him happy. And then later she even continued by saying that it looked like her face had quite a bit of Kyle's profile. I told her that I was fine with that because I think I married a hottie, so it will be interesting to see.

Also, the baby weighs 3 /4 of a pound. When I asked her if that was a normal weight for this age she said that our baby was actually more on the heavy side. So, we might have a chunker of a baby- which she would get from both of her parents. I, believe it or not, was nine pounds when I was born and Kyle was in the low eights.

Lastly, our baby likes to move- alot. Lucky me, right?

The protective father paranoia has already begun. I had to get my blood drawn after we found out and I later found out that the reality of having a girl had already kicked in for Kyle. He spent the entire time thinking of ways to make it so the baby won't get married.

To celebrate- more for me that for Kyle- we went to Carter's baby store that night and bought some outfits I had had my eye on.



I think that they are pretty cute!

16 comments:

Kelly Spence said...

That's exciting! I love Carter's. Those onsies are adorable. I want a girl!

Tyson & Gina said...

Aw so so fun! We have some way cute Carter's clothes too already. They have dang good stuff! I'm so happy for you! :) (Btw, this is Gina, not Tyson)

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

There are X chromosomes in the Harrison men after all! Fun outfits- don't forget about those huge flower headbands where the flower is bigger than the babies head :) -K

Aubrey Scott said...

ahh. Those little clothes are super cute. I'm still super excited for you guys. A little girl!!!!!

Carol said...

Oh yeah . . . little girls are so fun to dress. I love that Kyle is already getting the daddy being overprotective thing going on already. You guys are going to be great parents. I love her little picture. She is adorable already!!!!

Hey I am going to steal you post about men, if thats ok. (well i'm going to do it anyway :) I love it! It is so perfect. Did you write it or find it somewhere else. I'll give you credit for it on my blog.

We have two weeks til the end of the semester and I'll be done with Stephens class. It's been a killer!

Kellen and Erin said...

Congratulations! Kellen actually really wants a girl with our next one! Cute clothes too:)

Aleisha said...

Hey that's so exciting! I think Kyle needs more female influence in his life right? ;)

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

Congratulations! Kyle will be surrounded by more girls than he's ever been. She will have him wrapped around her little finger! Those outfits are adorable. Yay! You will be wonderful parents.

Amy said...

I told you it was a girl! :) I am so excited for you! Kyle told Chad that our girls are going to be EFY roomates. I thought that was pretty cute. Hope you have a good day!

Nancy H said...

Wow! It is amazing what they can do with invitro baby pictures these days! I hope you are okay with being a carrier pigeon for that baby, Amanda. She sure does have my Kyle's profile...and he was such a darling baby! I can hardly wait!!!

Erin Bingham said...

Congratulations!!!! It is fun having a girl first.

Alicia said...

Congrats to you guys! That is so awesome! I'm so excited for you. And the first thing I thought was that your picture looks exceptionally clear and she looks very cute. =) That is so funny about Kyle. The first thing Scott said when we found out Sydney was a girl was "now I have to pay for a wedding"! haha. So funny. Cute onsies too. Hope her movements aren't too much!

JoMama said...

CUTE baby girl!
Congrats! My girl looks like her daddy, too, which is what I really wanted, cause I think I married a hottie too!
Girls clothes are so cute-I see you have already figured that one out! Gotta love those cute onesies!

Sara said...

Congrats!! Little girls are SO much fun! Those are cute onesies! I LOVE Carter's baby clothes! Most of Emma's wardrobe is Carter's:)

Alicia said...

Hey do you remember my brother in law Russ? Well he and Hilary just found out this morning that they are having a boy!

grant said...

I understand Kyle's Daddy daughter protection paranoia. I've spent allot of time wondering how I would keep Alaina from getting married. I think it all comes back to the principle that Kyle and I have frequently discussed. We need more guns and Ammunition! Congratulations, I thought for sure our first was going to be a boy, we've been so blessed to have Alaina and you guys will too!