Sunday, March 29, 2009

20 weeks and other stuff

Last Wednesday I reached the 20 week mark. It seems that for the first 20 weeks you have so much to look forward to (seeing the baby- seeing the gender etc) and then once you reach the mark time really begins to fly. I still have a lot that I need to get done before this baby is born!!



Anyway, here are some 20 week pictures.








I do seem to be getting bigger- don't I

Last week our bishop asked Kyle and I if we would speak at a youth fireside this next month. Kyle was given the topic of missionary work and I was given the topic of dating. Yes, dating. And I have decided that the reason the bishop asked me rather than some other lady is because he probably thinks that it wasn't that long ago when I was actually dating, so hopefully there should be a lot of stuff that I still remember. Or maybe not. Anyway, I have been doing a lot of thinking and I feel good about a lot of the stuff that I have prepared. But, I am opening this up to any suggestions or ideas that you feel would be good to be shared. Let me know what you think.


Also, Kyle and I decided that we were paying too much for cable when we only watched like, five channels and half of the other options were in spanish. So we canceled our cable and we now have around 10 channels- 6 in english, 4 in spanish. As a result this has been the first year that we have watched American Idol, believe it or not. You see we watch the show, but we didn't see any of the auditions. So, we have both spent weeks wondering why Scott hasn't been kicked off. He is not that good looking, personality is a little wierd and he is not the most talented singer. We also made up a nickname for him- Elf boy, because he kindof looks like the elves in Lord of the Rings.
Anyway, imagine how jerky we felt when we found out the guy is BLIND!! Sersiously! So, now we are rooting for him because for a blind guy he is incredible. Maybe next year we will actually watch the auditions so we don't miss out on these minor details.


7 comments:

Alicia said...

LOL! That's funny! I can see why you'd be confused though! That's ok, it could happen to anybody. =) I'm rooting for Adam. Go Adam! (he was in the LA Wicked cast as well as being the understudy for Fyero) And like him or hate him you have to agree he has the most talent of all of them! Anyways...major cute baby bump! I'm glad the time is flying for you. That's awesome. Let me say, though, to not forget to get lot's of dates in with your hubby before the time is gone!

Kristen&company said...

Ok yes that is a little rude for the poor blind guy but an honest mistake. Cute baby bump. Take picts of it now but promise me that when your 37+ you won't post any. Just kidding kind of! Love ya K

Carol said...

Cute little belly. Enjoy it while you can cuz soon you will be feeling like a big beach ball and won't be able to breath or bend over or what ever. Now that I've cheered you up and made you feel good about yourself - I have to say that I agree that Scott needs to go, blind or not. I honestly think that is why he is still there is that he is getting the sympathy vote. I don't mean to sound rude but I just really think that their other better talents than him there. I agree with your other poster that Adam is probably the best one there.
Ok now for the dating advice - sorry I don't have any. Its been so long since I've really dated (ok my husband and I go on regular dates) but thats different. Good luck I know that you will do great with your talk. Just be your cute self and they will love you.

The Plaisted's said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! The clothes you got are really cute! Girls definitely have a better selection...looks like you guys are doing good.

Amy said...

Woo-hoo! Cute bump! I am coming to Vegas in November so that will be fun to see you, Kyle and that little girl :)I Miss you.

Tyson & Gina said...

Cute baby bump! Don't you love those pants without elastic waists? I think you might be a little bigger than I am but we haven't actually gotten around to taking any pictures yet so I'm not really sure. So have you guys picked out any names yet?

Aubrey Scott said...

make sure you tell all of the young men attending that they need to make sure they know there dates name and not call her the wrong name for three dates in a row. Tell the young women to never date a guy more than once if he doesn't call you by the right name. it just ends up in a bad memory