However, since Kyle is doing this...
And because I have nothing that it particuarly pressing on my schedule, this seems to be as good of time as any.
My parents came to see us last weekend and my mom taught me how to make baby blankets and pajamas. I am really excited to try them out and if they turn out looking normal I might even post pictures of them on the blog. So, my mom was telling me that we needed to buy a table for my new sewing machine (Thanks Ted and Nancy!!) and the rest of my projects. Luckily, Kyle and I saw an old man throwing this table away in the dumpster the day before.
So I had Kyle and my dad go and get it out of the dumpster. There was no other garbage on top of it - thankfully- and all it needed was to have a good cleaning and some screws tightened. It works out really well for what I need and now there is finally a place for my flowers- that Kyle threatens to throw away every time he sees them.
I have been really working on my food storage and the other day I was, lets's say- scared into doing some water storage. Last Friday our water stopped working- yes, the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen. Kyle went to the front office to see what had happened and came back saying that it was because we had forgotten to pay our water bill and we wouldn't have any water until Monday. I was freaking out, but can you really blame me? I got to the bathroom like, 50 times a day! Soon after I found out that Kyle had fibbed to me and there was only a broken pipe that was promptly being fixed. Needless to say, the next morning I washed and filled all of our empty juice containers.
Today I went to the church cannery for the first time. I was actually very impressed and came home with seven of my very own silver tin cans. I did them myself and I think I am going to go with our ward when they schedule the times. I got six cans of dried refried beans and I broke into getting a can of dried apples. We had made some extra cans and I tried a little piece and they were too good to not get. We are also working on our bucket storage, which I am really happy about.
This is a picture of my recently organized closet. There is seriously something inside of me that it drawn to organizing. If I feel that I am surrounded by clutter then I start to get really antsy- Ask Kyle, it is true. I just can't help but to think that there has to be some way to have a better more organized use of the space. I should have gotten a before and after picture but I didn't. Just imagine something way worse and then look at how it is now.

Lastly, I recently joined our ward book club- which is a whole new post in itself. Anyway, this last month we read this book. It is supposed to be Oprah's pick of the year for 2008 or something. Let's just say that I was less than impressed. It is like a modern day Hamlet, for those of you who know the story. The ending..... made me, as the reader very unhappy. Hopefully this next month will be better. We are reading, The Sunflower.





6 comments:
Amanda, you are my twin when it comes to organization. I miss you dearly. I am very impressed with your food storage. You are such an inspiration to me. Now I am going to go and reorganize everything I can get my hands on. I will tell Keith that you are to blame
I'm still working on my food storage. I need to call you. I miss having friends so close. The other day it was really warm and sunny outside and I just wanted to go sit outside with you and Aubrey and talk :(
Nice! I'm making a baby quilt right now for a friend that just had a baby. If it doesn't suck, I'll post a picture of it when its done :) We should start a quilting club and elect Nany as the president! haha! -K
Just goes to show Oprah doesn't know everything! =) Anyway, nice closet. And nice food storage. We are working on it too and it really does give you some peace of mind doesn't it? Atleast for me in this economy it does. Have fun making the blankets!
oh and have you seen Australia? I went and saw it again with my brother. I LOVE it!
Glad to see all is well in Vegas. We miss you guys. We are finishing our basement, and really wish you were around to help. I could really use Kyle's painting skills. =)
Post a Comment