We have been so busy. Last week Kyle was looking on Craigslist and he found an entertainment center that he really wanted. We went and looked at it one night and I was really hesitant about buying it but Kyle was so excited about it that we ended up getting it. It was only $75.00, which was a pretty good deal.
I wish that I had taken a picture of it before we started changing things but I forgot. Anyway, this is the middle piece of the entertainment center. And this was the original color.
Here it is after Kyle spent hours on Saturday staining it. We definitely like the darker color better than what it was before. When we first got it there were tinted glass windows on all of the open cabinent spaces and with the light wood color it looked really gross. We are thinking that we still want it to be darker- like an espresso color. So in a couple of weeks we will, or should I say Kyle will do that. We like it though and think that it has a lot of potential.
So I am not one of those pregnant people who has the daily cravings. I like to call what I have the weekly or bi-weekly cravings. Kyle and I can't help but to laugh at this because I will think of something that sounds good and then it seems like that is all that I eat for a week or two. Here are some examples: Ramen noodles, corn dogs, bacon tomato sandwiches, cocoa dino bites and granola.
This weeks craving has been strawberries. Luckily we got an add from Albertsons where they were selling 1 pound of strawberries for $1.00. Such a great deal! So I went and bought 8 pounds. That way I could have some and I could also make some homemade jam. The first batch didn't turn out that great but I am really happy with the second batch. I feel so proud of myself!! And, in a couple of weeks I am learning how to make fruit leather and I am really excited.





6 comments:
That looks like a very nice entertainment set, and it just fits in that spot. What a great deal!
I think I must have visited on the cocoa-dino-bites week. :) Congrats on your strawberry jam!
mmmm, yes, looks good team!
I'm totally the same way with cravings and corn dogs have been on my list too. Random! My latest is cereal though. Yesterday I think I ate 5 bowls throughout the day. Wow...
Wow, I am ever so proud of you. you will have to give me your jam recipe. Yum! that sounds good even though I'm not pregnant. I love how you guys have that little TV in such a big entertainment center. Very cute.
Looks good kyle! What a good deal!
Gosh you did a good job and what a steal for $75. I like the new color. I didn't realize that you live in Henderson. I have relatives there. I'm sure that you'll never meet them cuz it's a big place but their last name is Whetstone. Oh just so you know I worked my little heiny off in Stephens class and only got a B+. I was so dissappointed but actually glad that I passed. Just thought you'd like to know.
Post a Comment