So I figured that since I was being so diligent in saying the things that I liked about living here here, it would be okay for me to say some of the things that I definitely do not like about living here.
- I don't know what I will do if I see one more cochroach in my house. But I can promise you this, it will not be pretty. When we first moved here we were trying to go to sleep but couldn't because of a constant scratching noise. At first we thought it might have been mice in the dumpster. Then, when it continued and got louder I made Kyle get up and search. He started looking around in our bedroom -yes our bedroom- and by chance lifted up a garbage bag. What did he find? A cochroach longer than the width of our baseboard! It was disgusting. And now I am paranoid about another one coming in and being in my bed or something. Oh, and I know what some of you are thinking. But it is very rare that my house would be messy enough to host cochroaches!! I have found at least five inside within the last month and a half. GROSS.
- Two weeks ago we went on a mini valentines vacation to Utah. When we got home we realized that our outside thermometer to our atomic clock had been knocked off the deck. It wasn't a big deal though because it might have just fallen or maybe it was windy. At least that was what we thought until we had this conversation.
Amanda: (walking back from the dumpster) Hey Kyle, I think I know why the atomic clock is on the ground and the batteries are scattered everywhere.
Kyle: What's that
Amanda: It's simple really. It happened what your bike was being stolen.
Kyle: You must be joking
Amanda: Nope.
Yes, Kyle's bike was actually stolen. We are grateful that it was nothing special, but seriously who does that?
- This even takes place around 1:30 Saturday morning. A women from our complex actually had the audacity to come out into one of the grassy areas of the complex - which is right outside our bedroom window- and talk VERY loudly on her cell phone for about 30 minutes. No I am not kidding. And, this is not your typical phone conversation. There was swearing, there was yelling and it was very loud. And the straw that broke the camels back was that Kyle and I had to get up a measly one hour later to go and work. If it happens again, I will be taking matters into my own hands.
-Finally, this happened last night. Our sleep was rudely awakened- in the middle of the night- by a women screaming and yelling like a wild banchee person. This happened not once, but twice during the course of the night. Then, we are later awakened once again by the cops talking to a guy- who we had connected to the wild women- about what was going on. I am grateful that the police in this city are doing there duty but I can't help but to ask myself, do you have to talk to this guy about his relationship problems right next to the window where there are people sleeping??
I tend to think that I am usually a moderately patient person. However, just the fact that I have to get up every night to go to that bathroom makes me mad. I need my sleep people! And so does Kyle!! So, if I am woken up again by these types of inconsiderate actions, I will be going out, very unhappily, in my bathrobe to talk to the people myself. This has got to stop.
Spring Break 2025- Great Wolf Lodge
3 weeks ago





8 comments:
I'm sorry that sounds awful!! I'm so glad I don't live in a big city though. Just look forward to when you'll be able to buy a house and move
Apartment living at its best! I've been in places where we had cochraoches come up the bathtub drain, car stereos stolen in the middle of the night (my roomate in San Antonio), and (my personal favo)a single person that lived above us that I swore was an elephant because he walked so loudly it shook our light fixtures. Every. Time.
Ain't it grand? -K
I'm sorry that you have to put up with that stuff but heres some advice from someone who grew up in a big city - don't confront them - they'll shoot you!! And I'm not kidding!!! But ear plugs - that is safer!!! :)
Oh I hated growing up in the desert for that very reason! I still have nightmares about cockroaches (one last night actually...). I am here to verify your claim- these gross little bugs do not reflect your houses cleanliness, they live in the sewers and come up in the drains. Everyone's affected. Do not try drowning them (in the toliet) THEY DO NOT DROWNED! They literally have to be destroyed. Man I HATE those BUGS!!!!!!
On a happier note, Happy birthday a few days ago!
oh my gosh Amanda! I'm sorry about all the noise! And I have stories about cockroaches from when I lived in Tx that you probably don't need to hear right now, but yes, they are so gross!
This so reminds me of when I was student teaching in Vegas. It's NO fun. But I agree with Carol- ear plugs was the solution for me. (We had some violent and crazy drunk neighbors)
That is not good!! It's good to see you have a blog! E-mail me your email address shantylstears@gmail.com and Ill add you to ours. It was good talking to you again!
Post a Comment