Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Because you were wondering

Many of you have have openly wondered exactly what happened in our lives during the month of December. More specifically, why did we move to Henderson Nevada, when all of our plans were for us to go to Riverton Utah.

Well, it all started when a group of Las vegas employers came to BYU-I to be part of a career fairs. Coincidentally it so happened that Kyle was also there. Once they started talking the employers knew that they just had to have Kyle come and work for them. After all, Kyle does have a certain charm about him that cannot be resisted.

So, they immediately offered him a job, gave him a deal, and added in many other perks.

You all may be wondering, what is this job?- . Well, believe it or not, Kyle was offered to become the newest member of the ....




Wait, Kyle said. This is all too good to be true, but we cannot move unless my wife has secured employment as well!

That is not a problem the employers stated. We want you so bad that we are willing to give your wife any job that she wants in Las Vegas.

This is a dream come true, said Kyle, because my wife has always talked about wanting to become a....



Las Vegas Show Girl.

So now you know- that is why we are in Las Vegas

------------------------------------------------------------------
If only that were true. The original plan was for Kyle to work for Edward Jones. However, with the economic downturn and other factors, we were keeping our minds open to other options. After we graduated, another possibly better option kind of fell into our laps. We felt good about this new option and proceeded to see if it could work for us. Long story short, we ended up moving to Las Vegas and are in the process of buying a franchise. Yes, this is very different from what we had planned but we felt that this was the right thing for us to do. We are grateful for this opportunity and have been working VERY hard to make things work. Hope that kind of clears things up.

8 comments:

Kelly Spence said...

That was hilarious. Hope things work out well for you guys. You know, now you leave us wondering what franchise. :)

Carol said...

I went and saw Thunder down Under when I was down in Vegas. I went while my husband was at the Byu bowl game. It was so awesome - I can't wait to go again someday.

hahahaha. . . I'm just kiddding!!!! I had ya going though didn't I? I threatened my husband that I was going to go cuz it is at the hotel that we stayed in. but being the good little mormon girl that I am - I resisted the temptation.

I'm excited about your new adventure. Hope it all goes well for you. If not you can always come back to Rexburg and freeze in the -21 degree weather that we are having.

The Emmett's said...

That is to bad about the jobs being a joke that might have gotten us to Vegas sooner if we could have justified going to see family in those shows;). Good luck in all your indevors.

Amy said...

I knew that’s why you went. I am jealous of your secret life as a Show girl. ;)Hope things are going well for you still- I will call you soon!

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

I am coming to Vegas!!! Finally a show worth seeing! You are so funny!

JoMama said...

My secret dream has always been to be a Las Vegas show girl too!! Could we do it together?-We would totally rock!

Alicia said...

lol! I was like uhhhh...
But that's cool you're buying a franchise! I hope it does work out great for you!

Carol said...

Oh I just thought that I would thank you for your uplifting, self-esteem building "old" comment you left on my blog. It made my day!! :) If you work hard, someday you can be a smart old person too!!