Thursday, January 22, 2009

My New Favorite Recipe

Neither Kyle or I are big breakfast eaters. But in the last few weeks I have decided that eating breakfast is something that I really should be doing. Not only is it a healthy habit to form, but I am no longer busy with school and work so all of my excuses for not eating breakfast are gone.

Thankfully, I found this recipe, which makes eating breakfast not as big of a daily hurdle as it used to be.

30 second smoothies

1 banana
1 can yogurt
1 cup orange juice
6-8 large ice cubes

Blend and enjoy.

It is so easy and so fast. And, not to mention that it is really yummy. I will never go to Jamba Juice again. I usually have it with a couple of slices of toast. And another great thing is that I don't particularly like bananas or yogurt, but with this recipe I am getting the nutrients without the gross taste. What a blessing!

5 comments:

Linnae said...

Amanda,
Another one to try, if you ever run out of ice cubes:
1 banana
1 container yogurt
1 C frozen strawberries
1 C. frozen peaches
top off with fruit juice of your choice(OJ is yummy), blend and enjoy.
Frozen mixed berries are also tasty in smoothies. Happy breakfasting! (Is that even a word? :)
Linnae

The Emmett's said...

My family loves smoothies. The kids love the banana's (plus it is a good way to get rid of bananas that are turning) and OJ with frozen mixed berries. I love summer because all the fruit is fresh. I freeze peaches every fall and use them in smoothies and on pancakes and waffles. They taste better then store ones I think. To add a little extra put in Vanilla yogert and a shake or two of cinnamon. I just found the best cinnamon grinder, it is wonderful.

Carol said...

way to go amanda on being healthy. i need to follow your example. This morning I ran out the door with a donut in one hand and a diet pepsi in the other. Yumm!!! Hey thanks for the copy of your paper. I haven't had time to look at it all yet but I will. I'm enjoying Stephens class. I think it is going to be good. Well take care.

Amy said...

I love toast! I should try the smoothie. I always eat cold cereal and I'm getting sick of it.

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

Hey Amanda! How are you liking the new area? Dave and I moved to Colorado, because the offer was better, but it would have been fun to live by you two! Hope everything is going well for you. Hugs.