1. When Kyle gets ready in the morning he doesn't like to have his pants touching the ground, so this is what he does....
2. In our house, Kyle is notorious for breaking out in song. But the thing is that he actually knows the real words to very few songs. So he will make up almost all of the words and when he can't think of anything he will start humming. It is VERY funny. Also, the only song we ever sing for family home evening is I Love to see the Temple-- which is I Like to see the Temple for Kyle.
3. Kyle has seen all five hours of Pride and Prejudice-- and he actually liked it!
4. Kyle only wears collared shirts.
5. I am pretty sure Kyle thinks that as long as you have either mustard, BBQ sauce, or Ranch dressing you will be set with most foods.
6. The only type of hotdogs that Kyle will eat are the beef kind.
7. Kyle was raised in Texas but he has no southern drawl.
8. I think that if I let him, Kyle would eat a Jr. Bacon Cheesburger everyday.
9. Every time- without fail- we see somebody out jogging this is what Kyle will say, "Keep on jogging, you'll lose those pounds." It doesn't matter if the person is already skinny, he will still say it!
10. Kyle has very fair skin. So when it is hot outside, he will go far lengths to not get sunburnt.
This picture was taken at the Fourth of July Parade last year. If you can't tell, he has the camping chair bag attached to his hat. Also, I can now say that I am a proud owner of SPF 70 sunscreen.
11. Every once in a while Kyle will come out of our bedroom looking like this...
It is kind of hard to tell what he is doing so let me explain. Kyle has his pants hitched up about 10 inches higher than normal. He says that he likes it that way and that he can't wait until he is older so he can wear them like that all the time.
12. For fun, Kyle likes to "Map out our financial future".
12. For fun, Kyle likes to "Map out our financial future".
There you go. Now you have been enlightened on some of the things that make Kyle, Kyle.





13 comments:
Well Kyle, I would have to agree with you on the songs (Kelly laughs because I never get the words right either), no southern drawl, Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers (heavenly), and the hiked up britches. The rest, are just weird and funny! Thanks for the laugh.
Love it! Thanks for the post. It made me laugh. The fact that he likes to map out your financial future. Not even close to a surprise. We love Kyle!
Very cute Amanda. Keith likes to hike up his pants too. It must be a tall guy thing. Jamison still askes for you guys and we often look at your blog to see the pictures. Keep them coming. I've said this before and I'll say it again. We miss you guys.
oh Kyle, knowing you made it hard to
leave Rexburg.
-Dan
Sooooooo sorry we did not tell you about all of the "Kyle-isms" but you never asked. :) Have to live with them now though.
Love, Your favorite Father Inlaw
lol, I love the singing/humming one. So funny. Great idea for a post!
Chad makes up the words to songs too... he also sings them in a very high voice when he is happy. :)Thanks for being our friends. you guys are awesome.
Hello Kyle and Amanda! First things first -- I need to see a picture of a quilt you made Amanda! As for Kyleisms, I think they are great. I am VERY surprised that you make it through Pride and Prejudice Kyle,and even more surprised you liked it. When you two get a chance, go to www.youtube.com/user/britishemporium and check out a Monty Python take-off about Grapevine. By the way Amanda, Kyle has been talking about finances for YEARS! I look forward to your next post.
Judy
I have to tell you, Amanda, Ted and I really got a kick out of your observations of Kyle. Obviously, you two have already been married a loooooong time. LOL
Love,
Your favorite mother-in-law in TX
I love it! Some of these things made me laugh right out loud! Too cute. I'm thinking maybe I should do this for Kellen.....
Thats awesome, that sounds like my Bro maybe some of it must run in the genes, becuase I'll get a couple of those every once in awhile too...scary huh. Y'all are great.
hehehe!
I love it. Kyle's never been so popular. Well I guess quirkyness runs in the family genepool. Anytime Grant starts complaining that I'm weird I can blame it on my 5th cousin X many times removed or however it is that we're related. :)
Hiking up your pants is not a tall gut thing because Steve never does that. He does love to make up words to songs and see if they are good enough to make me think they are real. He did like Pride and Prejudice (but only once every 10 years) and he loves to mock the mother. He also prefers sausages or bratwurst to regular hotdogs (yuk). Hows the golfing coming?
Post a Comment