Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bittersweet

Not only did it snow this morning-- depressing, I know. But it is also my nephew Brett's birthday. And it is the first birthday that we have had to spend without him. As Kyle and I have spent time thinking about Brett we have been able to think of some very fond memories. He was a very special little boy and we miss him dearly. Here are some pictures that I dug up:



Our family has a tradition to put on a manger play each year on Christmas Eve. Well, this year Brett decided that he wanted to play the part of the donkey, and we decided that his role wouldn't be complete without a little tail.



This year at Willow Flat Brett was too big to carry around all day long. You can tell by this picture that he has had a little to much fun in the dirt. But it was to cute to clean off without taking a picture first.



I am SO thankful that I took the time to get a picture of just me and Brett.




This is Brett with all of his sisters. He was such a good sport and look at that face!




One of the last pictures that was taken of Brett. Isn't he handsome!!

7 comments:

Aubrey Scott said...

amanda this post makes me want to cry. I hope that your family is doing well. Jamison looked at your blog today and was very excited to see pictures of you guys. Tell Kyle that Jamison says Hi.

Erin Bingham said...

Thanks for that post. I knew his birthday was coming up. I am sure this is an especially hard time for Steve, Laura, and all the family. Thinking of all of you! Love ya!

TBH said...

Wow. Great pics... heart wrenching. Love ya.

laura said...

just checking to see if it will work

Aleisha said...

Thanks amanda for posting those pictures. I noticed in the blab this month that it was going to be Brett's birthday and I thought of how hard that was going to be for the Harris's. What a sweet little boy, it really puts life into perspective huh.

~Aleisha

Tasha said...

Those pictures of your nephew are so cute. I'm sorry what happened to him, and hope that you're family's doing well. I figured I could also give you my blog address: atandtpoulsen.blogspot.com

Kristen&company said...

Thanks pand, it was very nicely done! We'll all miss little Brett and continue to have Laura and Steve in our prayers!