We went to Illinois at the beginning of the month.
Kyle's younger brother got married in the Nauvoo LDS Temple,
and we decided to make a trip of it.
And let me just say, before I even start.
Traveling with kids is really hard.
But, we couldn't have asked ours to act any better than they did.
With all the missed naps, later bedtimes, our constant on the go pace
and no major emotional breakdowns.
Amazing.
I love my kids.
Our plane was scheduled to leave nice and early- like 7:00 am
Here we are waiting.
We had a layover in Dallas, and since it was more than an hour Grandpa came and got us.
I promised McKayla that we would go swimming and she loved it.
On our way to Springfield on a little tiny plane
After a day of waking up early, traveling across the country and no naps,
this is what about 5 minutes into our drive.
Yep, we were the tacky tourists who took pictures of funny church signs.
In Nauvoo.
At the first "sign" of family history.
Here comes Grandpa!
And he brought some fun cousins with him.
An Abraham Lincoln Memorial across from Carthage.
Apparently he gave a speech under that exact doorway that Kyle and the kids are under.
Waiting for our tour to begin with a little bit of Simon Says.
At the Mississippi River.
We visited most of the sights in Nauvoo.
At the Blacksmiths shop the missionary tells about everything while making a miniature horseshoe.
Then at the end he gives it to the person with a birthday closest to
when the pioneers first came the Salt Lake Valley.
I said, "That's McKayla!" and then she stood up and told everybody when her birthday was.
It was really cute and she ended up with the mini horseshoe.
Matching cousins at the reception.
Cute girls.
McKayla LOVED the dancing part of the reception.
We told her she had to wait to dance until Justin and Chantel were down.
I will always remember the look on her face when her dad came over and asked her to dance.
Pure happiness.
Goodbye Nauvoo!





3 comments:
How fun! I love Nauvoo, but have not been there since the temple was built.
Looks like lots of fun!! I hate traveling with tiny kiddos but its still fun to go places!
That was just so fun! Maybe Justin and Chantelle should get married every year! LOL
Post a Comment