We are Mexican food lovers.
One of my many goals for the summer was to learn to make carne asada.
I know an actual Hispanic lady and she gave me her recipe.
So I bought the meat from the mexican market.
It was the 2.99 per pound kind.
Because I just couldn't get myself to buy the 5.99 per pound meat.
The recipe is to cover both sides of the meat with season all,
and then let it marinate in orange juice and onion slices.
Once it has marinated, you throw it on the grill and there you go.
Carne Asada
The second half of this meal is the beans
The recipe comes from here.
I have tried crockpotting beans before but had never really been successful until I tried this recipe.
I loved how low maintenance it was.
I would say that overall, the meal was pretty good.
Easily a six, maybe even a seven.
However, I did have a few things that I would do differently next time.
The biggest problem for me was that the entire meal seemed really salty.
Next time I will probably simmer down on the season all and still make the beans,
only put in the salt and the onions.
I think that all the rest of the ingredients really added to the salty flavor.
As for the carne asada.
It was good, but probably not good enough for all the time it took.
Now my goal is to find a good place to buy it from.
Any ideas?





No comments:
Post a Comment