Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Okay so I am taking a foods class at school and today we made homemade suckers. So to show my Texas pride I decided to use this mold.





I think that I would make a pretty good Texan.



And... here is the blanket that I have been working on this summer. I am really happy with how it looks. And thanks again mom and Nancy, I appreciate your help!








5 comments:

Kristen&company said...

Very cute Amanda! Mom had a bunch of molds for suckers. I hope you remember all of those times your loving big sister helped you little kids make suckers. I remember we somehow always got wax paper stuck to them so you had to suck that off first. What a memorie.

Aubrey Scott said...

holy cow Amanda. You are so talented. I wish I was there so that you could teach me. It looks beautiful.

laura said...

To be a true Texan you have to have this unquenchable dilussion that Texas is the greatest state even when reminded that were Alaska cut into two, Texas would be the third largest state. You may want to work on that. Love

Nancy H said...

Amanda:
I am so glad you took a close-up of those blocks in your quilt. You put a lot of pieces and a lot of work in each block! Glad you got it finished.
And tell Laura Texas is a great state (We love it!), but we love Alaska too - our youngest son is: AK!
:)

laura said...

Dear Amanda--Tell Nancy that I have nothing against Texas (especially now that I have been there)And we love the Texans too. By the way, I hope you noticed that I added the the family blog.
Love Laura