Sunday, May 11, 2008

Getting to know us

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER?

Kyle and I met in Math 108 in January of 2006. We started dating in February, got engaged in September and married on November 18th. We have now been married for a year and a half.
HOW LONG DID YOU DATE?

We dated from February 2006 to September 6th 2006. But, for 3 months of that time, I was in Colorado working for my uncle. So we had a long distance relationship for a while. Those three months seemed like forever, but we talked every night on the phone and flew out to see each other several times. At the end we found out that absence really does make the heart grow founder and we were engaged three weeks later.
WHO EATS MORE?

Kyle
WHO SAID "I LOVE YOU" FIRST
Kyle said “I love you” first. Summer semester was coming to an end and he was working that night at the dorms. He told me he loved me over the phone but I didn’t say it back because I did not want him to think I was saying it just because he said it. After sleeping it over, I called him the next day to let him know that I loved him too. When I called him I told him that I had been thinking about what he told me last night, and the first thing that he thought was that I was breaking up with him. Needless to say, he was pretty happy with the “real”conversation.
WHO IS TALLER?

That would be Kyle (6’3”) but I come in at a pretty close second (5’3’’)
WHO HAS MORE SPEEDING TICKETS?

Kyle has had way more tickets than I have, but I have been pulled over more times than he has.

WHO IS SMARTER?

It just depends in what area. Kyle is majoring in Business Finance with an emphasis in Banking and Investments and I am majoring in Sociology
WHO IS MORE SENSITIVE?

Kyle’s says that I am way more sensitive than he is. But he does have his sensitive moments too.
WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY?

Kyle HATES doing the laundry, so it is a good thing that doing the laundry is one of my favorite things. Kyle does succumb to bribes though and will sometimes help me carry it to and from the laundry room.
WHO DOES THE DISHES?
That would be me, but sometimes Kyle will do it especially when he wants to do some service for me, and then when he is done he tells me what a good husband he is.
WHO IS MORE ROMANTIC?

Um, I think that Kyle is more romantic than I am. That doesn’t mean that I try though, but it usually always ends up being cheesy and awkward.
WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT?

When you are looking at the bed I sleep on the right. Kyle says that his left side can handle me laying on him much more than his right side. The strangest thing happened the other night though; we started out on our designated sides but when we woke up in the morning we realized that we had switched places in our sleep-- wierd
WHO PAYS THE BILLS?

I am in charge of paying our monthly rent. Kyle pays the utilities, credit card and for my cell phone. I am sure that I will be paying a lot more of the bills when we get done with school and Kyle starts working.
WHO MOWS THE LAWN?
Nobody now but it will be Kyle’s duty once we have a lawn to mow.
WHO COOKS DINNER?
I cook dinner most of the time but I can’t take all of the credit because Kyle usually doesn’t mind cooking. In some aspects I think he is a better cook than I am though.
WHO IS MESSIER?
Kyle
WHO DRIVES WHEN YOU ARE TOGETHER?
It depends on where we are going. When it is for a really long drive like going down to Texas, Kyle will usually do the majority of the driving. But when we go for a shorter drive like Utah, I will usually drive one way. Kyle likes driving more than I do because he just gets in the “zone” whereas I just get really bored.
WHO IS MORE STUBBORN?
Me
WHO IS FUNNIER?

I have finally accepted the fact that Kyle is funnier than I am. I used to think that I was pretty funny and that I could hold my own, but then I got married. Kyle has a very happy easy going personality and people are naturally drawn to him. Just the other day Kyle informed me that he married up in the looks department and I married up in the personality department.
WHO KISSED WHOM FIRST?

Kyle kissed me first and all I was thinking was, “It’s about time!” I was his first kiss so he was very nervous. The first time he thought it was really gross, but it didn’t long for him to decide that he liked it.
WHO ASKED WHOM OUT FIRST?

Kyle was the first to ask me out. We had to do a math project for our class and it was supposed to be alone, but he asked me when I wanted him to come over so we could do our project together.
WHO PROPOSED?

Kyle proposed to me on the night of September 6th 2006. We had spent the whole day together and then that night we went on a walk around campus. We ended up at the top of the football stadium. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and then opened up the box with the ring. When he opened the box part of the ring fell out and luckily it didn’t fall through the cracks. I said, “Yes!”
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS?
Me, I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers. Kyle has 3 brothers.

1 comment:

Aubrey Scott said...

very cute Amanda. I really like your page.