Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A lot of the time I think I am a pretty boring mom. Granted we do have some really awesome and exciting days around here. But most of the time is it pretty hum-drum. So, to add some excitement for me and the kids during the Christmas season, I hurried and whipped up a Christmas advent calendar with a fun activity for us to do each of the 24 days before Christmas. And when I say whipped up I am being totally serious; this was all put together on the night of Nov. 30th.

On Dec 1st we painted our fingers and toes to help us get into the holiday spirit.



This took forever to do. Getting a three year old to hold still while we become festive is pretty tricky. Luckily I got a picture right after I finished because she had all the green dots picked off about 5 minutes later.

On Dec 2nd we made a fun treat - Amish rainbow popcorn- and watched a favorite Christmas movie.



The seeds were rainbow colors but the popcorn was not.


Do you know that movie this is?

On Dec. 3rd we cut out paper snowflakes. This was a hit to McKayla, who has recently discovered scissors.



And today, Dec 4th, we made reindeer cookies. This was so kid friendly, not very messy and not labor intensive. Makes me think we should do things like this more often. McKayla LOVED it.



3 comments:

Kristen&company said...

Keep up the good ideas! I will use them too!

Becca Bingham said...

Love these ideas!

Nancy said...

Pretty clever with those cookies, and I believe the movie is "White Christmas?" Or is it "Holiday Inn?" they are both practically the same movie! LOL