Thursday, May 7, 2009

My new project

Have I ever mentioned that I am a project person? Well I am, and I get it from my mother. My newest project is to become a smarter grocery shopper, and yesterday I did the best that I have ever done. My bill would have been 120 dollars- and I only paid 60!! I was so proud of myself and spent the rest of the night gloating- which probably drove Kyle crazy. Isn't that so awesome though? I think it is.

My best buy was this:



They are so yummy and I got them for .88 cents! I also got a box of normal frosted mini wheats- blueberry frosted and strawberry frosted- for .88 cents each.

And since I am getting all these great deals, I had to have a place to put everything. So I did this...


We had some extra shelves that we use at our warehouse so I set them up and put them to good use. There are two that are side by side and I am hoping that they will be full of food storage items shortly.

Oh and I also found another deal where if you bought 2 cake mixes you got 3 more for free! So we stocked up. Yay me!

6 comments:

Aubrey Scott said...

you will have to let me know your secret. I love all of the root beer you have.

Todd and Michele said...

Hey Amanda, that looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Amanda! Isn't it great when you can buy a whole lot of the groceries you enjoy for so little money?! That is a wise and powerful shopper!

laura said...

good thing you have the essentials: rootbeer and otter pops

Anonymous said...

My mom and sisters just started doing that coupon thing. It looks like I really need to get in the loop! We're sure glad to have you guys in the ward!

grant said...

Hi guys, I just felt like I haven't said hi in a while. Good to see you guys are stocking up on the rootbeer, and I think your blog needs more pictures of Kyle and His van! Hope things are doing well, it's been a weird year not seeing you guys around.

Take Care,
Grant